Reduce Labor and Energy Costs with BELLE Single-Phase Motors from SPPS.
Obtaining adequate power for irrigation pumps is an important concern for many irrigators. Irrigation improves land utilization and crop value, but restrictions related to power often lead to compromises that increase operating costs and decrease the benefit of irrigation.
The power requirements of typical irrigation systems generally create a desire for three-phase electrical service which may be cost prohibitive or unavailable. As a result, irrigators often turn to stationary diesel or natural gas engines to provide the power required for pumping. Recent price increases for both diesel fuel and natural gas and increasing environmental restrictions are threatening the cost effectiveness of these installations.
Although readily available, single-phase electric power has not been viewed as a suitable power source for irrigation. The introduction of BELLE™ single-phase, high horsepower motors in sizes ranging from 15 to 100 horsepower changes this widely held belief. Irrigators are now able to capitalize on the lower operating costs of electric power, while also enjoying the labor saving convenience and reliability of supply.
Imagine a single-phase irrigation site with 250 hp of pumping capacity that doesn’t require a costly three-phase service extension. This is not some far-fetched dream.
Irrigation systems using BELLE™ single-phase, high horsepower motors have been operating across the U.S. for years installed as a diesel replacement.
The introduction of BELL™ single-phase motors utilizing Written-Pole® technology from SPPS allows irrigators to enjoy substantial reductions in fuel and labor costs while minimizing environmental concerns and mitigation costs.
NO NEED FOR THREE-PHASE SERVICE
• Uses available single-phase service
• Low starting demand reduces flicker
• High efficiency reduces line load
CONSERVE STARTUP CAPITAL
• No costly three-phase extensions
• Simplifies environmental compliance
LOWER OPERATING COSTS
• Energy efficient operation
• Unity power factor reduces demand
• Reduce energy costs by 40 – 60%
• Reduce labor costs by 50%
LOWER MAINTENANCE COSTS
• Rugged motor construction
• No need for oil and filter changes
• Designed for ease of service
• No fuel storage or containment costs
• No risk of soil and water contamination
• Reduces concerns over noise pollution
• Reduces greenhouse gas production
RELIABLE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
• Low starting demand reduces stress
• High efficiency reduces temperatures
• Integrated over-load protection
INSTALLATION AND SERVICE FRIENDLY
• Controls pre-packaged and tested